PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 5th Jan 2007, 19:22
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Yeargh
Professional student - on the flyer the UAS was handing out at the fresher's fair, it said that 60% of the RAF's pilots come from UAS , so I guess it is somewhat of an advantage.
And 40% don't!

[quote] PPL, but would it be advantagous to get a few hours of lessons over the summer? or should I go and try and get gliding under my belt?{/quote]

I would go for either whichever is meaningful or whichever is less expensive or whichever you enjoy more. For instance if you could get wings with one or the other it marks an achievement.

Would saying my parants would not allow me cut the mustard? I mean it doesn't sound very good, but I guess it can't be helped at the age of 14.
Not so much what your parents said then but how will your family relationship develop now.

And just one more thing, would a 1st make much of a difference when applying, above a 2:1? Because to get one I would probably have to drop some hobbies and social life to work harder at it... which is not ideal for me.
I met two graduates, same first class university, same degree course, in training about the same time. The one with a 1st was a bit slow and I don't think he graduated. The one with a 3rd passed had a rowing blue and passed through the training system with ease. Without irony even his peers knew he was destined for higher things. Last I heard he was a wg cdr.

Can you work out a course of action from that?