PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 5th Jan 2007, 19:04
Yeargh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much for all your advice, it has really helped me visualise what I should be aiming to achieve in the next year and a half . - I have decided to scrap the year out idea and instead save up some money to rejoin the glider club (stopped attending due to finances - self-funded studenting is expensive work) and have plenty of air time for my final year.

Professional student - on the flyer the UAS was handing out at the fresher's fair, it said that 60% of the RAF's pilots come from UAS , so I guess it is somewhat of an advantage.

Considering I am scrapping the year out idea, I am not going to bother with a PPL, but would it be advantagous to get a few hours of lessons over the summer? or should I go and try and get gliding under my belt?

Concerning not joining the ATC, would saying my parants would not allow me cut the mustard? I mean it doesn't sound very good, but I guess it can't be helped at the age of 14.

And just one more thing, would a 1st make much of a difference when applying, as apposed to a 2:1? Because to get a first, I would probably have to drop some hobbies and social life to work harder at my course

Thanks a lot for the help you guys, it has really been helpful!

And Tranx - Give it your all and Good luck!!