PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 00:16
Roadster280

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shemy,

I'm not RAF, never have been, but I did have an Army Sixth Form Scholarship. The RAF scheme is pretty much identical, in that you are selected, aged 15 and a bit for entry to officer training in the RAF or Army (or Navy for that matter) on completion of your A levels, and are "sponsored" through that phase of your education.

The Army is slightly different, in that it has its own Sixth Form college, Welbeck, in Nottinghamshire. Whether that is "down south" or not is entirely dependant on one's perspective. The entirety of the UK is "up north" from where I live, but from RAF Kinloss, pretty much everywhere is "down south".

Cranfield is a university a tad north of London. I suspect however, you are referring to the RAF College, a RAF Cranwell in Lincolnshire. Again, north or south is dependant on perspective, but it is not a Sixth Form college.

As has been mentioned, your English is not up to scratch. Even if you pass the selection board, you will not pass your A levels at this rate. If you scrape your A levels, you'll falter in officer training, if you cannot accurately express your views, let alone construct a written order.

Time is on your side, so head down, find the shift key, learn to use it, and good luck in your career.