PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 11th Nov 2006, 21:23
Chugalug2

Received 237 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Pontius Navigator
CHASTENING me thinks.
Well, perhaps PN, there again perhaps not. If he was referring to LJR's post I think he had it about right. It was a bit of a tirade aimed at someone who hasn't even joined yet! There seems a tendency to pick up on every little error in the posts of 'new boys' while letting the 'old boys' off scot-free. Maybe it is preserving treasured traditions of the dorm, but given the appalling state of the RAF that DD hopes to join, I for one hope that he makes a better fist of it than his seniors! The service that emerges from these threads would seem to be in terminal decline, even allowing for artistic licence, and not a word heard from the Air Staff! At least the CGS put his head above the parapet, but not a peep from our guys. Presumably having done the 'Per Ardua' to get there, they are now intent on remaining 'Ad Astra'! No doubt DD will pick up on his 'Service Writing' in due course, meantime if he is bringing with him any back-bone we need him and his ilk for a major rebuild job!

Good Luck DD!