PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 11th Nov 2006, 14:15
reacher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by L J R
Hard Week hey Durka???, what do you think it will be like in the 'stan as a Harrier mate at 45 degrees, or landing on NVG in a C-17 after 10 hrs flying to somewhere not nice, or doing your 11th hour over the ocean at sunrise in a Nimrod, or seventh straight day in a UCAV cabin looking at the bad guys, or lifting your seventh patrol in a Merlin in the jungle, or the fifth bracket of AAR at night re-calculating PNR/PSR, or SF insertion in your herc' knowing a single error is fatal, or your tenth month in your career in Stanley, or your seventh hour in a Tonka cockpit ascertaining rules of engagement for the fifth day in a row, and losing a mate or 10 doing one of the above, or even pushing a pen supporting all of the above!
....tust me mate, you 'aint seen hard!. Hope you really understand what the big boys are really doing these days.
Good luck to you, but the hard stuff is yet to come - trust me! (and I don't mean Cranditz) The job will of course give you all the tools to be a big boy to cope with all of the above, and you will endure some tedious times but will obtain some fantastic memories, and see some good stuff!

Those exact same thoughts have been going through my mind while I await my letter, while some what chastising I still want it more than anything.
AAAvn here I come!