PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 7th Nov 2006, 13:51
rooftopartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oxeagle,

apologies for the late posting.

If i recall correctly (check your PMs), the boundaries are as follows:

Male 17-24

Bleep Test
Good 11.07+
Creditable 10.06-11.06
Meets Std 9.10-10.05
Below Std <9.05

Press Ups
Good 35+
Creditable 21-34
Meets Std 13-20
Below Std <10

Sit Ups
Good 46+
Creditable 41-45
Meets Std 35-40
Below Std <35

Your overall score i.e. Good, Creditable etc, is taken from the lowest of the three grades you achieve, annoyingly! So while it may look good to keep beasting the bleep test, once you've comfortably met the standard you're aiming for there's no point knackering yourself further as you've the press/sit ups to do next.

When I did it, the PTI's don't give a monkeys about effort, nothing like that is noted down, simply your name and score. There was one officer from the selection board overseeing the process, although I don't think he was there in any official capacity, dressed in his PT kit I think he was more checking in on the procedure for fairness before going on to use the gym himself.

With that said, it never hurts to give it your best shot, just don't excel at one area at the expense of another. You will always do a little more on the day with the adrenaline pumping and the rest of your board cheering you on anyway.

Best of luck with the application, let us know if you've any other questions.

RTA