PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 20th Oct 2006, 21:08
Aeronut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SRENNAPS
Aeronut
I take it you dont trust Chiefs!!!!! - But we are the salt of the earth.
And 1 time in 20 not to trust them is pretty good odds. So who (in the line of work) do you trust more??? - Your Boss?????
Oh! and by the way how many JEngos do you know that have been sacked for a cock up on their shift?
I trust Chiefs when they've earnt it. I don't trust anyone blindly especially if airworthiness, safety or my even my reputation is involved.

I will admit to being suspicious of someone that says "trust me" as in ZH785's comment.

It was more a comment on the frequency of a 95% chance being 1 in 20. NOT very good odds in my book given the daily number of decisions.

I think I trust my boss and chiefs equally, both doing their job.

JENGOs I have known to be sacked for a cock up on their shift = 3.

Ironic that you ask that, whilst on this theme, since on 2 occasions they came a cropper because they overly trusted a certain rank who had led them up the garden path. I'll let you guess which rank.

In one of those cases the JEngO alone took the flak on behalf of the one that cocked up and was moved on which had significant career impact. In another case the JEngO was dragged down along with guilty party and in the third case the JEngO brought it on himself, which also cost him dearly.

I will agree with you that chiefs are the salt of the earth, but they are also under pressure and reliant on those under, above and all around them in an RAF that is creaking at the very seams. I mean not to insinuate anything untoward about any rank or trade, but this is a thread started by someone seeking advice and I object to any carte blanche "trust me - I'm a Chief" approach.