PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 1st Aug 2006, 12:47
Felix Saddler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joining the RAF as a Pilot, OASC - various discussions, merged.

How do you come about flying for the red arrows? im currently 17 and doing my A-levels, however because of my rough time last year with family problems, i have completely underachieved this year and feel like i may need to resit the whole year to get back on track!! My Question is: what are the chances of me getting into the RAF as pilot with poor school qualifications?

Away from school i completely succeed in the other requirments i believe the RAF look for, as i have my Duke of Edinburgh Gold award, im in Air cadets, and do alot of recreational activities: camping - climbing - cycling - etc etc etc.

My dream is to get into the air force as a pilot but i fear that because of my poor school qualifications that this may prevent me from this. Im not the kind of person to sit around and do nothing all day, i like to get up and do things - go places - et cetera. This is why i believe the RAF is for me and will do my absolute upmost to achieve my dream.

What are the chances of my succeeding with my poor school qualifications? However as far as what the RAF are looking for, i'm it!!
Also how does ones self get itself aquainted with someone like the red arrows?

Kind Regards,

Felix Saddler.