PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 19th Nov 2005, 09:03
Lord Flash-Hart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers for the help and advice.

I am 21 and graduated from university this year so I have gained that experience and improved the areas that they pointed out in 2001 when I applied. I have looked into the trips abroad and adventure training etc and I think that may be something I will do in the New Year. I have also thought about applying for fire service and police force so that I have some training and involvement with the community (something else they pointed out: His lack of involvement with the local community has hampered is social awareness!). If I am successful with either of these, and I am not meant to be an RAF officer, I still have a career to fall back on while I decide whether I want to take the NCA route. Alternatively I could get myself on the property ladder so that I can borrow large amounts of money to go civilian!

I have had people say since receiving the letter, "if flying isn’t for you then you need to cross it off your list and start a different career." It’s a little easier said than done when everything I have done since the age of 13 has been aimed towards becoming an RAF pilot. Accepting the fact that I can't fly for a career will be very difficult.

Rich.