PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 10th Nov 2005, 06:51
BEagle

Received 278 Likes on 113 Posts
When I did my one and only session at OASC Biggin Hill at the age of 15 or 16, naivety of youth meant that they saw us as we really were without any attempts to be someone we weren't. Swinging around the hangar was just a bit of a game to us; some tasks were easier than others but it was how the team responded and how it was led which mattered more than dropping ropes into shark infested rivers!

I recall one of the other teams going through at the same time; one of the people-formally-known-as-WRAFs took a fairly basic approach to moving the fiberglassed kitbag labelled 'delicate instruments' over the obstacle - she swung it around her head and hurled it over. It sailed through the air and landed with a resounding crash, splitting open as it did so much to the amazement of the staff. I guess she later became a mover?

There must be an excellent 'Line Book' at OASC with some of the gems uttered by candidates?