PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 3rd Nov 2005, 14:26
Reverb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy hbellis9383 -

I have just left the RAF as a pilot and now I fly civvy ( Horray !!). You seem very keen to join the RAF and I am sure you are most sincere in this respect. However, your choice of branch must be what you want to do...............want you have spent the last 10 years at school / college for.

Whilst the RAF is full of fun ( and surprises ) you need to know what you are letting yourself in for- all times are not great. I have good knowledge of the WSO and WSOp branches. Do you know the difference? They do contribute to the big intel picture - however, many would not believe that they are " in " intelligence.

At OASC they will assess your conviction as an Officer and for your chosen branches. You need to know what you are talking about and why you want to be INT, WSO, CATERING, Flt Ops etc etc. There is much info about on-line and from careers offices. You need to IMHO do more homework. You would need to convince me to score well.