PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 27th Oct 2005, 09:32
Lord Flash-Hart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Back from OASC!!...........

Hi,

I got back from OASC yesterday. All seemed to go well, I improved my aptitude to 128 (not sure whether that would be competitive enough), I had a great interview, didn't get caught out anywhere and was able to talk in depth about my current affairs as well as the RAF and training etc. Phase 2 went pretty well too, leaderless ex was a bit of a shambles but I managed to get my ideas forward and we made some progress. The individual planning (which I didn't have to do last time) was difficult but I got the correct plan with a few calculation errors that I was able to correct during the questioning. The command task went fine I didn't have much of an idea about how to do it but I briefed the syndicate fully and then gave them 20 secs to have a think before asking them each for their ideas. From that I was able to decide on a plan and we got on with it. Again we didn't finish the ex but I remained in control and used the team well.

Thank you all for your advice and comments in my previous post, I decided to leave WSO and WSOp on the list to keep my options open as I was informed that if I turned them down this year to apply for pilot again it would be no problem. Just awaiting the letter now!!

Rich.