PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 22nd Oct 2005, 09:54
Lord Flash-Hart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OASC sunday........Pilot & NCO Aircrew

Hi,

I have been reading the OASC posts on the forum for some time now and have decided to stick a post up to get some feedback before I go there on Sunday.

I applied for DE straight after 6th form and was told basically that I needed to get some life experience and build some confidence. I passed the Aptitude tests back then with 118 so I will be re-sitting them this time. My dilemma is this......

I am 21 now I have been to uni and I have applied for Pilot, WSO and WSOp. Due to the decrease in pilot recruitment I have a feeling that if I do well at OASC they might offer me WSOp. So.....if that was to happen, do I accept it and hope that I can crossover before I get to 30 or do I turn it down and apply for pilot again next year (which will be the last time I can apply to be in before the age limit.) ??

I have always wanted to be a pilot and although I have no doubt that WSOp is a great job, I am not 100% sure I would be happy sat in the back of a nimrod for years! But I don't know how they will look at it from a selection point of view if I was to turn it down!

Who knows if I wake up as a blonde with big tits on Monday morning I might stand a chance of pilot!

Thanks in advance for any advice or comments.

Rich.