PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 9th Jun 2005, 02:44
Tonkenna

Pilot Officer PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I wouldn't worry about statistics or any of that stuff. If you want to be a pilot in the RAF... and you must really want it... then just go for it. The figures are very fical (sp? and change on a daily basis. If I was joining now I would try for straight after school... with an application for Uni in as well. I did not go to uni and certainly don't regret it, and had it all gone to rat in the RAF I would have gone to uni later. I would rather have tried and failed than never tried or even worse turned down a place at the end of 6th form and then not got in after uni when the numbers changed.

The standard of the student does not always dictate the slot the get pr00ne. Some very good students of mine did not get fast jet slots because there weren't any. A lot of it is timing I am afraid.

Jimlad,

It all depends on how much you want it and after 19 years I still really enjoy my life in the RAF.

Tonks

PS Rogudent... have you done the codes yet