PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 9th Jun 2005, 01:22
Roguedent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I joined the RAF straight from school, and on pretty poor A-levels, I might add. The recruiters seemed more interested in taking me as a school leaver, than a graduate. More over, the current RAF Pilot network is fit to burst, but as usual, there will probably be a short fall in a couple of years.

I believe, had I failed, that I would of had better life experience than a bloke of similar age, 21 ish! Plus, university, and a basket weaving course, would of still been an option.

Graduates hold the advantage once through the system, regards Pay, but, and a BIG but, they are normally 3-4 years older plus DEBT!!

The current climate in the RAF seems to be all about us being a extraditionary force. FJ slots are getting less and less these days. The Multi lads are becoming the backbone of this air force, but the FJ boys do have cool toys to play with. As Blackadder would say ' YOU LUCKY LUCKY BARSTOOLS'

PS... will someone tell OC 10 that my crew here are great

and one day I will remember to log out of public computers as some people are not as nice as my crew and would put something really really rude!!!!!!

I am such an idiot!!!

Rodders