PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 29th May 2005, 17:51
5 Forward 6 Back

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Neeps, just to clear up a few tiny innacuracies in the original post.

FJ: BFJT at Linton on the Tucano, FJ AFT at Valley on the Hawk T1 (128 in '08) 19 sqn for T&W (NFTC or 19 sqn) and 208 then onto an OCU
Yes, but don't know why you've got 208 in there twice. You pop from Linton to 208, then from 208 to either CFS as a Creamie, 19, or NFTC. Creamies come back to refresh on 208, then go on to either 19 or NFTC. TW graduates from both NFTC and 19 head off to OCUs.

ME: MELIN at Cranwell(1 FTS sqn) on the Firefly, MEAFT at Cranwell on the Jetstream then onto an OCU
Cranwell's 3 FTS. Similarly, Linton's 1 FTS, and Valley's 4 FTS. I don't know if a separate squadron run MELIN, but MEAFT's run on 45 Sqn on the Beechcraft King Air 200. Jetstreams are all dead now.

As well as an OCU, you could wind up on a "training flight" within established squadrons on some fleets, as they don't have a separate unit to train.

RW: Basic flying course at DHFS at Shawbury on the Squirrel, advanced single engine phase of training on the Squirrel, multi engine training on the Griffen at Shawbury, advanced multi engine trinaing on the Griffin at Shawbury. Then onto an OCU (Can someone help me with the terms? I'm very shakey on my knowledge of RW training)
There's only one Griffin course, which is the advanced one. You do Single Engine Basic on the Squirrel with 606 Sqn AAC, Single Engine Advanced on the Squirrel with 705 NAS, then Multi Engine Advanced with Sixty Sqn on the Griffin. RW OCUs are OCF; Flights rather than Units.