PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 18th Aug 2004, 08:49
littleme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel OASC again! - Sorry guys!

Hey guys,

Needing some advice from all of you already 'in the know'! Basically I attended OASC last year and was unsuccessful (apparently missed out by the narrowest of margins, so I can't have been that far off) and they asked me to re-apply again in a year, which I am doing. I was told that I could not have scored any higher in part I (or the fitness) but part II my leadership let me down. What exactly are they looking for in the leadership?? I thought the whole point of IOT was to teach you leadership?! Does anyone have any good tips as to how I can convince the boarding officers in 2 months time?

I cannot go aircrew as I am not tall enough therefore I am applying for ground branches; Supply, Admin & Flt Ops. Not interested in ATC or Fighter Control - despite numerous attempts from the careers officer to get me to do so saying there's far more chance of getting in if I apply for one of those branches. However, I want to spend 16 years in the Air Force and don't want to spend it in a branch that does not interest me - am I right in sticking to my guns about this?? He suggested I put it down and if I get it, change once I get onto IOT - but the likely-hood of that is about err...0%! Obviously this is not an ideal time to apply at the moment, but at the end of the day the Air Force HAVE to keep recruiting despite defence cuts & I cannot let this get in my way.

Wondering if you have any advice for me on how (2nd time round) I can convince them of how much I want this...to live my dream as an officer in the Royal Air Force.

Little me.