PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 6th Aug 2004, 09:28
TheBeeKeeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with tokentotty,

Economist worked for me! Not only does it give you whats happening now, but also the history behind a subject which helps you best formulate your opinion. And stick to it, don't be bullied into changing your opinion to tell the boarding officers what they want to hear.

I managed to get by on 4 copies of the Economist and two days of Telegraph just before interview.

Ready for incoming flak now, but IMHO, I believe that the boarding officers will have made their opinion, certainly about the way the interview is going to go, within the first 2 minutes!

Clean shaven, smart suit, polished shoes, cheery disposition, strong handshake etc.... then in the chair, sat upright, not fiddling with anything....

People put a huge emphasis on current affairs on the interview, but in reality it only makes up about 5-7 minutes'ish of a 40 minute interview. More important, is that you are fully aware of the job you are applying for and associated training etc.

Goodluck

TheBeeKeeper
(DH82b)
(Ex TG2, and no, it wasn't me the got the trade its nickname!)