PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 5th Aug 2004, 20:48
littlepom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile OASC drugs

I am due to attend OASC in a few weeks time and currently gathering together some last bits of info and found this site courtesy of a very helpful RAF pilot.

I have been advised by all military personnel that i have spoken with to totally condone any drug use. I do not consider myself a drug user by any means and only drink alcohol and do not smoke. However, at the initial interview at the Careers Advisory Centre when asked if i had EVER used drugs I admitted that I had at university once tried cannabis which was then questioned as to how it made me feel etc and what were my current opinions on it to which i truthfully replied that I understand it is illegal and think it is wrong to engage in such activities particularly when as part of a respectable organisation or one where professionalism and concentration is required at all times. therefore anything that may infringe on one's job commitment even in personal life must be condoned. She seemed to accept my reasoning and honesty and indeed has forwarded me to Cranwell. Now everyone is telling me I should lie. Is this the case? If i tell the truth will i be automatically discarded from selection? Please can someone help? I hate lying but I dont want to ruin my chances if everyone else lies too. Surely they will have my answers anyway with them from the original interview?
Sorry about this little panic but as you can see from all of the other potentials we all get a bit panicky as our time nears! Many thanks for any help and advice.
T-L