PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "30 more pilots underpaid"
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2007, 06:53
Charliethewonderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your entitled to you opinion Charlie as much as anyone !
Don't blame New Guys or other guys accepting upgrades for something that was put together by Management\ HR.
The " Bar" plummeted at NJS and in the industry way before Nov 06.
I do blame them for signing the new AWA. Because THEY SIGNED IT. If no one signed it would have to be improved to attract your signature.
Conratulations to those who did say NO to the AWA, and I hear they are still desperate for pilots and are giving next day interviews over a lazy coffee. Again I say " pay peanuts, get Monkeys"

You'll get no argument from myself or anyone that the salary scale is poor for a Jet F/O position as are the New upgrade AWA's.THEN WHY SIGN THE BLOODY THING???????????????
The operating conditions at NJS are alot higher than in most GA operations which I suggest is the main attraction for New Guys. Many would'nt give a sh#t if the aircraft is shiny, or new, or old.
RC This my friend is the attitude that companies like National Joke have been able to expliot so easily with people like your self.
Just because it is better than GA doesn't make it BETTER. If you are comparing your life in an airline to that of your time in GA and are happy with marginally better conditions THAN GOD HELP US ALL if the management of airlines read your statement. And I'm sure you have carried this sought of attitude with you through your career in GA and undercut AWARD conditions, fellow pilots etc... to get to those magnificent heights you have now acheived.
Congratulations.
Yes my post was blunt and rude and dont know your position. But PLEASE never use the argument " it's better than GA" as an excuse to sell your sole to the National Joke Management. That my friend makes me feel ill.
Other excuses that I would except:
1. Missed out on every other Airline Interview and this was my last chance to fly a Jet.
2. I'm From Perth and dont want to move. And I made enough money in the property boom.
3. it looks like a QANTAS jet, and thus chicks dig me.
.....anyone got any others?????