PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "30 more pilots underpaid"
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2007, 05:13
Charliethewonderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" Don't ever feel sorry the so called professional pilots who excepted the new AWA."
Most new hires don't expect anyone to feel sorry for them. They knew the conditions before signing and will live with it. Crap money for first 2 years.
" $ 61 800- 3500= $ 58 300 to be an F/O for an Airline" ( Yr 1)
Very clever! Now try this one : $ 58 300- 38 000 ( Braz F/O) = $ 20 000 extra. OR
$ 58 300 - 56 500 ( Braz Capt)= $ 1800 extra. + no loading or unloading of pax baggage. no refuelling of your own aircraft. No being rostered on your reserve days to do gardening or wash windows!
GA is where most of the "New Hires" come from.
" I hope they will live with that AWA for a very long time"
At least 3 years I expect.
"Pay peanuts, you get monkeys"
Obviously Dogs too!

.......and $58,000- $110,000 = $-52,000 if you were one of those passegers you used to fly to and from mine sites driving a dump truck.
You can justify taking the job as an F/O on a 717 for 58,300 (2yrs) all you like, but dont deny the fact you have lowered the bar further than it has ever been in lowered this country , and you have managed to except these conditions at a time when every Airline in the World is screeming for drivers. I dare say you will soon be on less money than a Bras captain if companies follow Brindabella Airlines lead and offer pay rises.
You do realise there is a pilot shortage dont you??
National Jet is lowering aviation standards to new levels, apparently new Cabin crew have to pay for own training and are bonded. When will it stop???
When we refuse to work for CR@P.
So justify to yourself and your mates, why you have taken these conditions, and enjoy jumping into your new shiny jet and give yourself a pat on the back, You've made it. And I hope you have it for a long time, when the rest of us get or wait for what we are worth.