PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drama on First Choice
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2007, 17:04
Topslide6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grimmrad,

with respect, where does it stop? Are you suggesting that each time the speedbrake is deployed a PA is made to explain the buffeting it causes. Surely not.

ISO100,

I don't for one minute think that rainboe regards all his passengers as idiots. Some maybe, because without question, some of them will be. I think the tone of your post, however, is exactly what pilots who use this forum are becoming increasingly fed up with. You don't pay my salary. My company does. The fact that you might buy 1, 10 or a 100 tickets or year does not convey upon you the right to talk to flight crews in the manner you seem to think is appropriate when discussing professional matters. In fact, the way I hear certain types of passenger talking to cabin crew on an almost daily basis is an absolute disgrace.

If the crew in question were to read this, they surely wouldn't be particularly chuffed to have someone who is in no way qualified to comment, casting aspertions on their professional abilities on a public forum. Whether you, or any other passenger think a PA is appropriate or not is, frankly, not top of the list of priorities in a non-normal situation. Of course crews will do their best to keep the passengers informed. Whether it could have been done differently is to be left to the debrief, and the debrief does not take place here.

edited to say well done to the mod for moving this

Last edited by Topslide6; 20th Jun 2007 at 17:22.