PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pearl Aviation pilots - towards a new CA (Merged)
Old 20th Jun 2007, 17:02
maxgrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My vote is no.
APMR... With statements like;
Quote" I say “possibly” because it can be argued that, for both of these items, the pilots are no worse off, and could actually be better off. For example, consider the clause re rostering to achieve a weekend off. The new wording appears to make it less likely we will get weekends off, when in fact it actually brings a certainty to getting one of the days off."
This is a good example of why I vote no.
It was agreed that 1 (one) weekend off per 28 day roster was to be adhered to. Therefore your statement about definitely one of the days off is in error.
The Roadshow was bullsh#t and bluster, we will change this and amend that, statements of intention made to staff then reneged in the document.
APMR, please forgive me as I will speak quite frankly, I may not have the verbocity you do or the want to write war and peace.
The previous CA had statements Agreed upon that the company struggled with. Staff are now showing that they want clarification and reduced grey areas.
e.g words such as "where practical" were used in the previous CA. For all intents and purposes the end product was...."sorry not practical" were the standard.
The pilots will lose a hell of a lot more than they gain if this is passed. Actually they will loose a lot of what they have now too!
You seem to go to some length to reduce the AFAP in the eyes of the readers, The pilot Reps have done a good job at maintaining our desires. Yes they do talk to the pilots, yes they do listen and act on what they hear, then they get back to us to confirm that their actions are what we wanted. The AFAP doc. probably should go further into depth but what they have written is, I feel correct.
I'm tired
It is late
And I can't spell.