PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drama on First Choice
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2007, 16:43
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes the thread should not have been posted here, quite right but you do absolutely nothing to recommend your profession to the PAYING public in the way you point that out.
What complete and utter tosh! The great paying public can push off! What part of 'Professional Pilots Rumour Network' don't they understand? This is meant to be primarily a Prof Pilot discussion network, not an 'I had a bad bumpy flight and I want to bitch network' Network. There are Passenger Forums elsewhere to push off to. It's becoming increasingly difficult to carry out a meaningful dialogue here about professional matters without people bitching about suitcases being lost 'and why didn't the Captain talk to me?' as if a full explanation of any incident is due. Any dialogue is swamped by flight simmers pretending to be pilots and aviation enthusiasts getting an oar in. Whilst outside contact is not desired to be limited, there is a limit where any passenger having a beef about something he didn't like on his flight can demand an explanation. So if they are going to put their head in a lions den, don't grumble when it gets bitten. This is a off-duty pilots discussion forum. The welcoming smile comes off with the uniform! Don't expect hospitality. Go to one of the many passenger forums where mutual grumbling can take place. This is not an airline customer service area!

And grimmrad, the customer has chosen to go into the medical common room and start asking questions. He cannot start saying there that any comments made are out of order. Those things are not said in the waiting room, but the medical professionals, in private conversation....no holds barred. Don't go into their area if you don't want to hear plain talk!