PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drama on First Choice
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2007, 14:06
ajamieson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyinthesky
when I go to Tesco/ my bank or anywhere else that uses technology, I do not automatically insist/expect an indepth update, the minute said technology throws a wobbler.
Utterly ridiculous analogy.
Originally Posted by Dogs_ears_up
As the Cabin Supervisor, I would consider it as one of my duties to relay information of the mood in the cabin to the Captain, and to suggest communication if I considered it appropriate. In the event that the Flight Crew were too busy, I would seek permission to make a "holding" PA myself, pending a later, more authoritative PA from the Captain. In short, Cabin Crew are part of the team, working in the cabin on behalf of the Captain, and he/she relies on them to handle some aspects of the communication/people duties on his/her behalf.
P.S. This is not a criticsm of the crew involved: I was not there and cannot know - this is merely an observation, intended to clarify a question.
P.P.S. I have been flying long enough to know when is not an appropriate time to be troubling busy Flight Crew with cabin communication issues.
P.P.P.S. This is not an attempt to erode the authority of the Captain, or to exaggerate the role and importance of the Cabin Team
Dogs_ears_up: