PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Video released for Aust Army BlackHawk crash
Old 20th Jun 2007, 13:52
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... and it wasn't attempting a landing.

nose going forward looks more like a go-round.

sad , for sure very sad.

no conjecture could be had without at least the previous several seconds as well.
at least most of those close will know the irrelevance of some of press comments that went with it.

Exactly what you would expect to see on a last - minute frantic go-round.

Conjecture, conjecture, double bubble toil and trouble.

Please don’t shoot the messenger here, his family, colleagues and friends are obviously going through enough as it is, but should they be?

To go back to the Townsville nightime crash, was the system dealt with there or rather a messenger -- ???? --- low hour pilot --- ???.

What of the system that allows an inexperienced pilot into such vulnerability, rather than the messenger who happened to be holding the sticks at the time?

How on earth in that scenario could you have an inexperienced pilot being blamed for anything? I mean putting any rotary pilot with less than a thousand hours in close formation in distracting conditions and extremely limited visibility is like locking a mob of drunken bikies in a small pub with unlimited grog and loose iron bars, and thinking that nothing untoward will happen.

Please don’t jump down my neck; I was close enough to that tragic situation to have known that the night of that accident was merely a practice for a subsequent operation and what that subsequent target was to be.

In this scenario we have no information other than a fleeting video glimpse, but we do know that a BOI is operating. Its tradition is on the one side ‘it’ has a system, the other ‘scapegoats.’ Sorry, messengers or mistake makers, to be ultimately forgiven or unforgiven, be that in the eyes of the media public or the court room purveyors.

But what of the system that put the ‘messengers’ into the public forum?? Do they close ranks?? Or, did they before the public haranguing started.

Lots of experienced heavy metal drivers are on here, would your experience be better put to examine a fleeting glimpse of devastating footage or using your accumulated wisdom to bring to account the operational aspects of the “BOI System,” or more particularly the “system” that allowed the Townsville disaster and possibly this latest aberration to occur?

To conject further, when we talk about “experience” it is all very well, and you can all say it of me if you like, to bask in the ultra world of low level manipulative peril and having survived then come out with some seemingly easy comments, but that is what I am talking about.

This gentleman may be very well experienced in various endeavours of operational flying or his on board systems or his operational systems or whatever, but may NEVER have been put into the scenario that he encountered EVER before.

Experience has to be quantified.

If that is the case will anyone in the BOI process have enough ‘experience,’ to recognise that fact and give it due consideration, further, will it ever surface as a consideration? Perhaps even his closest and dearest will hark with misgivings in this area but be unable to surface with it.

Or, will the “system” close ranks as an endemic protection mechanism and be blind?