PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drama on First Choice
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2007, 13:17
Andy_S

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
flyinthesky if you re read the original post you will see it is of an enquiring nature rather than casting aspersions
Actually, if you read the original post, aspersions ARE being cast....
Speaking as an SLF myself (and I'll try and be brief and not outstay my welcome), my immediate reaction was that if the original poster recognised the sounds of audible alarms in the cockpit and landing gear being lowered and raised, and was also familiar with crew behaviour, then he/she is clearly not a complete novice when it comes to air travel. As such, if he/she raises questions about the way the supposed incident was handled, then perhaps he/she ought to be prepared for some blunt responses.
Surely a bit of commonsense was all that was needed. If the aircraft was in any real difficulty then a professional pilot is hardly going to carry on regardless. Reference was made to a call to control; I would suggest that the fact such a call took place is evidence that the pilot had the aircraft under full control and did not believe there was any threat to the safety of the passengers and crew. Finally, and most obviously, I don't believe the flight crew want to be involved in an accident any more than the passengers do; if they are happy for the flight to continue then I, for one, would have complete confidence in their judgement.
I'm afraid I'm with Rainboe on this one. If every in-flight technical problem that ever occured was raised on PPRuNe by partially informed passengers, then the site would collapse. These things happen every day, and for the most part are dealt with routinely.
But like I say, I'm SLF myself, so I'd better be on my way.....