PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drama on First Choice
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2007, 13:10
Topslide6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what it's worth, I reckon the vast majority of flight crew are mindful of keeping the passengers fully informed in a non-normal situation.

However, i'm becoming increasingly fed up of hearing that passengers (not all, but the "instant experts" flyinthesky refers to) are, for example, abusing our cabin crew because "you've nearly just killed us all. We've nearly just flown into another aircraft (just the normal 1000' RVSM separation). I've worked at Heathrow for 40 years so I know".

Communication between the cabin and the flight deck is very important and it's not simply a case of rubbishing what passengers say, but I wouldn't sit whilst a doctor put a pot on my leg, for example, and say "i'm not entirely sure that's best practice".

This sounds to me like a bit of a non-event and i'm afraid that what a passenger might think is something out of the ordinary is probably not enough to make the pilots put their coffee down. If it is, and the situation dictates, then you will be informed in due course.

If you believe there is a problem raise it wih your cabin crew. Don't post it on a forum under the title "drama on First Choice". If you post in a Professional Pilot's forum with comments like that you are going to get that response i'm
afraid.

Dog_ears, you sound like a very switched on cookie. Well said!

edited to say the post below is the extremely well put!!

Last edited by Topslide6; 20th Jun 2007 at 16:42.