PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drama on First Choice
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2007, 12:57
strid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys as you've noticed it seems i've posted in the wrong section and for that i do apologize.
However, yes I'm only a passenger, just the same as the other 200+ on board and all i was trying to figure was exactly what the issue was because it wasn't clear from the flight deck, and that was my main point - a lack of correspondence between the two rather important parties when i feel more would have been beneficial.
I do know the sound diff between gear and flaps and as i could see the wing i knew we were 'clean'.
I also know the diff between engine noise being idle / full on and i dare say the diff between buffeting and turbulence.
As I mentioned in the 1st post - it was the Capt who finally declared that the issue revolved around the aircraft and a pc software fault -and i quote his words, 'it thought it was still on the ground' - he also stated that a divert was also considered at one point??.
Even though i've posted in the wrong section i must say that some of the responses here are a little harsh.
Essentially my points were only as follows:

1. Something did happen - does anyone know exactly what?
2. There was a good proportion of very nervous passengers who on hearing unexpected noises and vibrations start a con effect on the rest, would more correspondence between flight/cabin crew had a soothing effect?