PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius ab-initio program 2006/2007
Old 20th Jun 2007, 11:27
ChiyaWena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sour Grapes

shame plocsek, you obviosly been beaten with the short end of the stick and are feeling sorry for yourself.

MK may have hired ATR f/o's a few months back that had fathers in the airline, but what about the other f/o's that they hired who were expatriate and had no links to the airline. didn't think about them did you.

the reason those pilots were hired was do to their experience. i believe they all went through the same application process and interview as any mauritians on the same intake. MK can't compare plus/minus 1500 multi eng turbine hours on an expats CV to 300 single engine hours on a mauritians CV. if you were a passenger on the aircraft or had family on it. who would you rather have flying it.

not only that but what is an airline to do when it needs crew at entry level and no locals are available. should they just not hire and start cancelling flights because they have said that they want to hire more mauritian pilots. i've also heard lately that MK have stuggled more so with one or two of their local newbee's in training than they have with some expats.

it's supply and demand mate and nothing to do with whether their daddy flies a big plane for MK. and i'm sure the guys that you are getting at wouldn't appreciate your comments. in actual fact i know of more than one expat who all had ties within the airline and didn't get offered the job because there were suitably qualified mauritians to do the job. and that is the whole point of this wierd cadet scheme, if you can call it that. is to curb the supply and demand problem and to try and get a pool of mauritans to pull from when they need to.

so take your sour grapes and sit quietly in the corner eating them by yourself whilst we watch the circus play out in front of us.