PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "30 more pilots underpaid"
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2007, 10:03
Shed Dog Tosser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ITCZ,

In many ways we are from the same end of the topic, although;

As far as I know, all other AFAP members want to remain so, and are 'double ticketed' with the TWU and paying subs to two unions.
Whilst i am happy to be proven incorrect, it appears to me fanciful to suggest that NJS Pilots ( or any Pilot ) is happy to pay membership to another Union, as their present union was unable to provide the support requested/needed, and continue to pay 1% percent to the original non performing organisation.

There will be no stoppages, no strikes, no secondary boycotts. That stuff is ancient history.
I am not so certain of this, perhaps you should have a chat with the TWU rep. These are not the most impacting options at hand, are they ?.

The NJS proposal is a constraint of their own making. They took on the extended 717 contract on a tight price, with a capped 2% increase over the five years. It is not about fairness, it is about the company thinking its pilots would voluntarily accept diminishing conditions because the best deal they could make was crap!
Good on them, when work was lean they bit the bullet with the operator, now times are good, a little in return is deserved.Good luck !!.

Just to clarify, " Wife Beaters " is slang for blue bonds cotton singlets and "Double Pluggers" are the same for cheap rubber thongs ( you know the ones with the double plugged straps in the middle ) .

Last edited by Shed Dog Tosser; 20th Jun 2007 at 11:14.