PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jaguar handling
Thread: Jaguar handling
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2007, 08:06
Phanjagthunhar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JP:

It is amazing that despite all the clues that have been put your way, you cannot place me! Perhaps it is just that I was not that well known; a shrinking violet in the Jaguar Force?!! Yeah, right! But it would seem that I have, indeed, been consigned to that part of your brain that lodges items such as PTR switch positions! To use the contemporary phrase: am I bovvered?!

Rest of the World:

I am surprised, however, that A2QFI's 'innocent', but rather well-informed, question about another JF shrinking violet has not sparked off a whole new and potentially highly amusing thread. Tales about the tall, guffawing, noisy, interfering VRB (or Wing Nut, Basil Fawlty, Dick Dick - did ever a man have so many nicknames?!) are legion. Spookily, he too was a QFI; and he was known to deliver the odd wild bomb or bullet to boot!

Newt started with a yarn about his ever-forgiving and delightful wife; was there ever a woman who drew such a short (or is that long?!) straw?! Anyway, the I remember well the 'how many drunks can you get in a Volvo' incident!

I hear tell that a book, along the lines of Nigel Walpole's WIWAB one, is being written about the JF; WIWOJ, I presume! I suspect that it might quickly fill with Wing Nut stories; so, maybe someone should write a stand-alone one about him. Any literary, or literate, volunteers?!

Maybe it should be called WIWOTOWWN - When I Was On Thirty One With Wing Nut! Or how about WMD - Wingnut Manic Diaries?! On second thoughts, leave the acronym in its more traditional form; for Wing Nut most certainly was one!!

There we go! An 'interesting' question from ACW 599 about Jaguar handling, has mutated into a potential book about Wing Nut! But, wait! There were a few stories about his aircraft handlng too; so maybe the subject matter has not changed that much!

Last edited by Phanjagthunhar; 20th Jun 2007 at 11:21.