PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pearl Aviation pilots - towards a new CA (Merged)
Old 20th Jun 2007, 05:44
olderairhead

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. A Grey day after a rest period is a reserve period prior to duty.

As Seaeagle109 says, when he does calibration in Singapore it is preceded by a grey day. That grey day is after a rest period and before a rostered tour of duty. At the moment he does not have to be contactable. If he is however, the duty clock starts. There goes the calibration flight out the window. And as I already said a tour of duty is not to be preceeded by a reserve period.

That change obviously has an impact.

2. If you agree to work on a Designated day off you get a penalty payment. Under the new agreement, if you work on a day off (day free of duty) you don't. Also it is not by mutual consent. It is that simple.

3. Something about meal allowances is up to $35 per day. This is not a few dollars to some. As I said it equates to a 30% reduction. Maybe do the maths. And If you were Seaeagle109 doing 120 - 150 days away that is between $4200 and $5600 saving to the company. This is not small dollars.
And if I do the maths another way, lets take away $5000 in allowances and then get a pay rise of $5000 for being a calibration pilot. Very subtle change isn't it. Like I said, read it and understand the changes.

Really, you don't have to be too smart and preferably just a line pilot without management influence.

Last edited by olderairhead; 20th Jun 2007 at 05:46. Reason: spelling