PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius ab-initio program 2006/2007
Old 20th Jun 2007, 01:51
ALTCRUISE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future Mk Pilots

Guys, having read the last few threads recently regarding the "conditions" and "lack of commitment" shown towards future MK cadets by the company,...all I can say is BE CAREFUL....BE CAREFUL....BE CAREFUL !!!!
I, just like you, would have done ALMOST ANYTHING to get my first break in aviation, but I would NEVER have commited FINANCIAL SUICIDE in order to achieve this goal! A Tiger will never change it`s stripes, and the total CONTEMPT and DISREGARD shown to present Pilots, and I am certain, for those who join down the line, will never change unless there is a significant "clean-out" of the present incompetent bunch, who I PROMISE you, hold no greater esteem towards "Local" or "EXPAT" Pilots.

Your argument should be that if the company takes all the trouble of putting you through a elaborate "screening process"...and you make it, they offer you a certain "guarantee", that all things being equal, and unless you mess up badly, you DO in fact have a job with MK.

Obviously they are trying to have thier cake AND eat it.....in a very vague and underhand kind of way....and they as a company will certainly NOT lose any sleep at night because of you being bumped off the program for some or other strange reason.

To this day, there are at least 5 or 6 MAURITIAN Pilots with either Australian or JAR "CPL`s" or higher qualification, and although they APPLY for the positions, never seem to make it past the "psycho test"...and a couple of them are still working as "cabin crew"....in other words, they are "in the system" already....oddly enough, working with +-300 passengers at a time, in flight.....but not "suitable to be a pilot, as far as thier "profile" is concerned. Ofcourse, you will never be TOLD what your profile is...so it will ALWAYS be a convenient method to stop the UNWANTED in thier tracks.

Long story short, there is a LOT of politics here, and these guys certainly DON`T play ball fairly....so once again, if you are starting from the bottom, and get offered this strange "maybe we`ll use you after training, maybe not"...get yourself a GOOD LAWYER to read through the fine print and make sure ther is an "escape clause" so that you are covered if the boys in the glass tower are having a bad day....and there will be MANY of those, I promise you! Otherwise you will end up wondering the streets with a HUGE bond and nowere to go to!