PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Footage of Blackhawk down in Fiji
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2007, 01:26
notmyC150v2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AOTW
C150, you may not be interested in the planning aspects of the mission, but I am. Also, I don't land big helicopters on ships but sometimes land little ones on them, and I think there's relevance in the details of this accident to that, similarly for people who operate to rigs or indeed any platform.
Point taken. But isn't that sort of information contained within the findings and recommendations? I strongly believe that these should be made public but the video has no such relevance.

Someone on this thread earlier said it was valuable to see how the tail snapped off, WTF??? Why is that valuable? Why is it necessary to see it?

I also hold the hierarchy of the Australian Military in some contempt for the way they handled the Westralia tragedy as well as the earlier disasters with Blackhawks and Seakings, so keeping them honest is of vital importance. The public inquiry will (hopefully) do that.

The releasing of the video adds nothing to keeping them honest and adds nothing to keeping our skies and military personnel safer.