PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pearl Aviation pilots - towards a new CA (Merged)
Old 20th Jun 2007, 00:40
olderairhead

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK APMR, I will bite.

First off, it is my impression the the reps were working with the Feds on this deal, not just the Feds on behalf of the pilots.

It is also obvious that no consultation occurred between the AFAP and our pilot reps on each of these changes, and I will be asking our pilot reps why they have allowed this to happen, and why they have taken no action to correct these misunderstandings.
Might I suggest it may have been wiser to ask the pilot reps before you made your assumptions and this post. But no, instead you chose to
I rang the General Manager of Pearl Aviation to get his explanation for how the changes were made.
and then made your post.

You say you are an AFAP member. Did you bother to ring them? Probably not.

And having read the rest of your post it is quite evident you do not fully understand the implications.

Three very simple examples:

1. Grey Day.

By being available/contactable on a grey day is actually considered to be "on call" or "reserve". Currently you are not permitted to be on reserve prior to or after a rostered tour of duty. And if you were then it would count towards your rostered tour of duty.

If you had any understanding of what is in each document you would have understood this.

2. Allowances.

All our allowance rates were negotiated in 1984 based on actual costs at a number of hotels around Australia. These rates have then been increased by the yearly CPI ever since. Having them now linked directly to the ATO Reasonable Benefit Allowances (and maybe you should do some research!) would reduce our current amounts down to the RBA rates. That's the tax free bit you claim on your claim form, just in case you didn't research this also.

3. Designated days off

You really do need to do some research on thois one! Read the definitions and the related clauses in conjunction with each other. Under the new document a day off away from home base etc is not considered to be a designated day off. What does this mean? If you are away from home base on temp transfer, leave relief or rostered away then on any "day off" the roster can be changed without consultation nor agreement and you are not entitled to the penalty payment.

As I said, three simple examples.

So may I suggest you re-read everthing properley, try and understand everything you read, ring everyone and then, when you are fully informed, repost.

Have a nice Metro day.

OAH