PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lighten our darkness, oh Lord! The lighting thread
Old 19th Jun 2007, 23:14
Luke_f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C130 - Odd Lighting?

lo folks,

About 2 hours ago we had a C-130 leisurely fly over the house below 100ft. It was heading South West towards Exeter. The house being in West Dorset at the top end of the Exeter approach (roughly). Nothing odd about that I know. Saying that we just had a Chinook pass below 100ft heading North East. Last week it was Merlins.

What was odd about this C130 was the array of lights on the rear of the plane. On the left and right wing (as seen from behind) were three white lights. They were evenly spaced from one another. There were two lights on the rear of the tail. One on top and the second half way down. I have provided a picture below depicting what i saw.

(The yellow dots represent lights)

Now I've seen C130's at night from all angles many times. Spotting and at work (Civie at RNAS Yeovilton). Ive never seen these lights before. Without coming across as a conspiracist the first thing that ran through my head was it looked like a landing guidance assist system of some sort. I might be talking nonsense and the lights might be a part of the Herc i never knew about - I'ts why im asking.

Cheers,
Luke