PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR?
Thread: VFR?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2007, 21:29
dublinpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What good exactly will a CHIRP report do? It might make FFF feel better, but I'm not sure it achieves anything else, and I don't think that's FFF's purpose infileing the report?

Some people might read it and think "Oh that's not a good thing to do." but it's unlikely to have any effect on someone who would do that in the first place.

I could be (probably am) wrong, but I was under the impression that CHIRP reports were for things you'd done wrong and wanted to relate to the pilot population at large (anomalously) so that they could learn from your mistake. Are they really for telling other people about poor airmanship that you came across? Is there really a lesson to be learnt here, or is it so obvious that everyone knows it already?

I wouldn't report it, mainly because I don't think it would achieve anything. Perhaps filing a MOR might achieve something, or calling the operator and discussing the matter with them might achieve something, but I really can't imagine what a CHIRP report would achieve in this case. There isn't really a lesson for the reader to learn.

dp