PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2007, 19:37
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If this was to happen, where would they move the aircraft to and which routes would be moved?

My guess would be LTN, but that is the home of EZY, and it wouldn't go down very well, even for the all powerful FR!

SEN could be an option but it would certainly be long shot as the airport can currently only hold 500,000 passengers per annum. I suppose 4 planes is too much for the airport to handle, especially on the busier days.

Cambridge which has been discussed before could be an option. The airport has a very long runway and good connections to the capital. It would, however have to build a new terminal.

This is probably ideal threats from MOL who will see a drop in prices as a bonus and will not be fully expecting BAA to commit to it's demands. Would be very surprised if the company did give in to FR, even if the airline is the company's second largest customer after BA.

If this was to happen, it would be very interesting! STN could lose it's place at number 3 in the UK airports list and there could be more red and orange tails around STN by next summer!

I think this shouyld just be taken with a pinch of salt for now. Lets look more surprised in mid October if they announce the removal!