PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asking HELP about Flare Technique
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2007, 12:27
Blip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've said it before and I will say it again, for me the Jacobson Flare technique took ALL the guess work out of landing aeroplanes, from the Cessna 152 that I was flying when I first read about it, to the Piper Seminole, the B737-300/400/800 and B767. It works for ANY aeroplane.

There was a thread about this topic last year, and it was apparent to me from the comments made that most of the people that dispapproved simply didn't understand what it was.

Here is the thread...

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...light=jacobson

What it does is it allows you to determine WHEN to flare by reference to a point on the runway which is a precalculated distance short of your aiming point. When you see this point on the runway pass below the glareshield, it is time to begin the flare manoeuvre.

Now before anyone attemps to shoot me down, that is the BASICS of it. There are some "if's" and "but's" that allow for heavy/light, fast/slow, etc. and this is explained in detail.

Once the flare is commenced, there is another technique that I read about which eliminates overcontrolling, floating, and crunching. Again, the guess work is gone. Doubt, anxiousness, and vague contol input is replaced with confidence, consistency and positive control input.

Anyone who would like a copy please PM me.