PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2007, 11:36
sandpit here i come

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Just a thought.

Hi Everyone!!

I’ve been reading these forums for a while but this is my first post.

Firstly Congratulations to everyone that has recently received AWESOME, AWESOME news!
I hope that I will be joining you soon in Dubai!

Ok yes I know that this is my first post but I have to gt something off my chest.

This thread offers some VERY relevant and VERY useful information – if you bother to look for it.
(So thank you to everyone who has contributed to this)

What I really don’t understand is why the same question is asked 1000 times.

I know that most of you – like me – really, REALLY want a career as cabin crew with EK, and again, like me would have a million questions, but what I don’t understand is why people don’t take the time to look for themselves for the answers to their questions.

There are some really amazing posts by people who take the time and write about their experiences at open days, what to expect, what to wear, what type pf questions will be asked, what the medicals include, what living in Dubai will be like, the length of stopovers, what company ethos is like etc etc. The information here is VAST!!

People if you are serious about working for EK, or any airline for that matter - do your OWN homework - don’t ask for it to be done for you! Airlines like if you have something known as initiative

Asking when the next open day in Timbuktu is, is crazy. The best place to find out information like this is at the EK WEBSITE! http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/http://dxbmiww99.emirates.com/hrrecruit/CC_OpenDay/CC_OpenDayList.asp

Honestly I don’t understand why this wouldn’t be your first port of call. You will find important and essential information there – including WHEN and WHERE EK is recruiting. You will also find that they tell you, what to wear to the open day, and what to take.
They even have a section dedicated to what to expect in Dubai.

I know that ALL your questions won’t be answered at the EK website.
Even after reading this forum I would be surprised if you were left with no questions, - BUT most of your questions, if you DO bother to read WILL be answered.

I’m not attempting to offend anybody, I just think it would be beneficial to everyone if we thought and read previous information before we posted (I think you will find you will remember the answers to your questions a little better if you do your own homework too)

Anyway, that’s my rant.

Congrats again to everyone who was successful!!!
And good luck to all you wannabes like me!

Cheers!