PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QSP(H) CPL(H) bridging to ATPL(A) theory credits
Old 19th Jun 2007, 10:58
ternbill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QSP(H) CPL(H) to ATPL(A)

Thanks for the reply,

The problem is that I would like to start my CPL(H) exams under the rotary accreditation scheme with a view to bridging accross to ATPL(A) theory credits on completion, however...

I have recently changed military aircraft type on exchange overseas, and whilst I meet the requirement for 500 hours on a military type (2000++) and am in current military flying practice, I will not have a QHI check or equivalent on the type with 500 hrs + within 12 months of applying for the licence on completion of the H exams to qualify for a military type rating. As such, by my understanding, I will not be able to 'open' my CPL(H) in order to bridge accross.

It seems that I will therfore 'fall between the cracks', as I will not be able to benefit from the ATPL(A) theory credits accredited to military helo pilots with sufficient hours and operational experience, which I have in abundance, all because I will not have a helo type rating (albeit military) on completion of the reduced Helo exam syllabus, despite remaining in current miltary practice.

I have written to the CAA and await a reply, but any advice would be welcome.