PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2007, 10:20
Riverboat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing I'd like to question, and jabird might be the man to know, is does the current planning approval state categorically that 1.0m is the limit to the number of pax that may use the airport? The current facilities could hardly handle 1.0m properly, so I wonder if some are jumping to a conclusion that 1.0m is the stated limit. It may seem a bit academic, but it isn't, because if there is no actual legally-binding 1.0m limit, then a remote terminal, as once previously envisaged by Air Atlantique, and in Coventry's planning area, could be added to the current facilities and thus allow for an increase in traffic.

I imagine that if Coventry CC had to consider (for instance) a planning application for a small terminal on the triangle near the big roundabout, suitable, perhaps to handle 1.0m in its own right (Terminal 2 !), they might be inclined to grant it. Or the Coventry Parkway terminal on the railway line I mentioned a couple of days ago, which would seem to be very desirable for a number of reasons.

OK, yes, it probably IS academic, but being certain that there is a current limit of 1.0m, and that it is not just an assumprion, is germane.