PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hotham Chieftain revisited in Flight Safety
Old 19th Jun 2007, 06:38
permFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I question if you actually read the reports and engineering evaluations yourself? I didn't mention that the engine expert said that the engine wasn't running when the crash occurred.

Which reports? I read the ATSB final report and the supplemental report that was released after all engine failure theory started to surface.

So the Chief Pilot engages a suitably qualified expert engineer to investigate further and all of a sudden it becomes a shift of blame to mechanical issues? Your comments make a mockery of the good name of the engineers that were contracted to perform this analysis

After the final report is issued the "expert" is engaged. Your comments make a mockery of the qualifications and experience of the 5 investigators that put the Hotham report together. They were at least independent which can't be said for the expert engaged by the Chief Pilot. One would have to assume he was paid for his services.

Channel 9 ran the full story, complete with engineer testimonials.

Hardly evidence of credible journalism, just watch The Chaser and Media Watch.

As has been stated previously the real issue is not one of whether the engine was producing power or not; its about the PIC making poor decisions and flying in a manner that was always going to lead to tragedy.

I have a lot of sympathy for the CP as this tragedy affects them on many levels.