PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now is your chance to remove unnecessary rules and costs/VOR airspace thread merged
Old 19th Jun 2007, 03:21
Scurvy.D.Dog
I'm in one of those moods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cynical and a bit obtuse ... oh were it to be so ... realist I would argue
.. you said earlier that you could not find anyone in Australia that could do the job, as was pointed out by another esteemed contributor .. they are right under your nose ... it is assumed you choose to ignore them for fear of a different outcome to your desired end .. if that is not the case, explain to us who you have asked to be involved in the real process?
the rest is fluff ... if the world market was so heavily slanted away from practices in Australia, then why do we have the number of O/S companies (including large RPT) training/assessing pilots here ... I think we know why .. quality and services available (despite the difficulties) ... as far as GA regulation goes I agree with most of the previous points made here ... so where should the change emphasis be??
The structural and procedural issues raised by the VOR, are well understood, they were last time around (by the operational experts) as well, but that was not the problem was it?
… the comments regarding NAS2b and its reversal I will leave alone for fear of offence ... I will say this, the very point of these discussions it to remove the ridiculous costs of inappropriate change that in the end costs a fortune for what amounts to a small, largely insignificant change
... compare that to careful thorough process (as has been argued for years) that will determine what will work, how it will work, how much it will cost, and what is gained by that expense ... are you satisfied that that represents what the VOR and frankly many of us have been saying for years?
things are not getting better! ... better or worse from here is very much contingent on who does what and how ... I am not filled with light in this regard
how about you call me tomorrow morning (look in ERSA) .... fair warning though, if that contact is used for anything other than discussion of airspace process and/or design, or you attempt to identify me in public after the fact, or attribute comment to me as a result of those discussions, I will be making a lot of noise in a lot of quarters to seek an appropriate remedy ... agreed?
In the meantime, how about you and I shut the hell up, and let folks flesh out the issues without the distraction of hubris!