PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD / Hughes 500 info
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2007, 21:21
slim40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bladewashout,

The guy at Sywell, Northampton with the 500E is called Ant West (Antony, but he apparantly prefers Ant according to Martin Lovell), his mobile number is 07831836104.
Where are you based? If you are buying an R44 and are going to do SFH, I'd be interested. More so if you buy a 500!
I think Bill Lowry at BHH still has the 500D that I flew last year for sale (£275k+VAT or so, check the website). They buy them in and refurb them all the time, so they always have at least one machine there. When I was there, the 500D I flew had just been rebuilt, there was also a 500E in the hangar with it's rotors off, and another in its component parts- hard to tell what it was at first when just the main fusalage is sat there!

PS Yep, landing at a hotel/pub is cool! Went to the Ivy House Hotel on the edge of Lowestoft on Sunday. They have a small field next to the car park which they kindly marked as a helipad by mowing a large circle in for me to land on. Stunning place, with a great restaurant, well worth a visit.
Just 50 mins flying time from Conington too.

Si

Last edited by slim40; 20th Jun 2007 at 13:11.