PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF or Not: Grass Check?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2007, 16:11
FAStoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAF or not -Grass check

As one from the Grey Funnel Line,I was in the Best Flying Club in the World.However,when I left before the Falklands,Jobs faded away.There was still an Aviation Industry,and a 125 was all I could get.That was a magic piece of luck as it got me an early Command,including P1 across the Pond,signed off by the Deputy CTP.I only got into a proper Airline with that experience.After that I did both Pax and Freighting,and preferred the Freighting to be honest.Things have now changed,and the FTLs are extremely important to keep you sane,and in the proper sleep cycle.Final Salary Pensions are on the way out,and the Money Purchase Schemes are nowhere near as good;BUT how anyone can operate with the Kit you have now,under the Blair Presidentsy,with so few flying hours,I really dont know.You have to get out,and try Virgin or BA,where your ability will count.Easyjet I am told is the best of the rest,and loads of friends of mine are very happy there,with several in Top training positions.Freighting now is a No no .Look at the DHL doom and gloom reports on Prune.The others are no longer run by Brits,which is a great pity.There WAS a dream of a job,which no longer exists,that made Freighting the cream of the crop-good pay,good training,good equipment,Excellent guys who were in the main from Dark and Light Blue running it,50 different destinations in a year,Cap 371 FTls,good Sim,good leave and time off,and Final Salary Pension Scheme.Bloody marvellous,but sadly no longer the same and is now based down the road from DHL.It was the nearest you could get to a Crewroom of old.I recognise JW411 as being one of the good guys!!!!!BUT,you will need to watch your six-there are spies in the sky!!The World of Airline Flying has changed,but still has to be better than still shovelling **** in the Service,with little or no support.You will find that the secondary effect of Aids will be rife-Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome.So Beware,and good luck.