PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - APEC AELW R902 - Insanity or are we just plain scared?
Old 18th Jun 2007, 12:15
squawk6969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bell Flyer

Mate thats the best piece on PPRuNE I have seen in ages, trouble is its not reaching the main stream. I will try sending this to somone with influence but you nee to find a receptive market for that coment

SQ

Here's a suggestion for the asinine authors of this AIP SUP. As they know, holders of ASIC cards go through very thourough security checks. Why not make pilots with ASICs, phone in their request, read out their details, file a flight plan and then allow the flight to proceed. Grounding the GA fleet by that Kremlin era AIP SUP, would be like restricting the movements of every soldier in the army for the loss of those 6 rocket launchers.

ADF staff, believe me, what you are enforcing is dumb and an over-reaction. I am a tax paying civilian with an aircraft and I am telling you that for a fact. Just like building airport fences at Thargomindah, Oodnadatta, Narrabri and Birdsville. It might make you feel good but it is dumb and costly.