PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Gear up Emergency Landing in WB
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2007, 08:26
XRNZAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok.....

I've never worked for this outfit, so I cannot, and therefore am not trying to compare Eagle Air's Check and Training to anyone elses. But I do have a regular flick through these forums and have recently noticed page after page of people bagging the place and bleating on about how the selection process would better suit a space shuttle than a 'glorified duchess'. Although I'm sure many of the concerns raised are valid, I can't help wondering if perhaps there might be some vindication today.

When things stop going to plan in ANY aeroplane regardless of size, speed, number of seats etc. I would expect (either as a passenger or pilot) that all crew members were the very best of the bunch put up for selection at the time of their intake. And that the check and training process they had been through should have been as stringent as possible.

Long story short, I don't think any operator should ever have to make excuses for setting the bar high. And I just think today was a good reminder of why.

Here endeth the rant.

XRNZAF.