PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS - Common Risk Management Framework
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2007, 05:13
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Smith

I'll leave the first paragraph alone for the moment.

Are you prepared to accept that the;
competent, qualified people to work on the airspace changes
may actually be here in Australia under your very nose or are currently expatriate for very good reasons. ??

and;

I cannot find any person within the realm of airspace change who makes the rational and logical comments that VOR does.
is not as mysterious as you imagine. I don't think do at all.
Are you prepared and I mean this sincerely, to accept that they may be those who are, or have been, but are no longer prepared to engage with you directly for fear of the consequences. Surely you must realise that you have, by your actions in the past, sincerely motivated or not, shut many more doors than you have opened.
Maybe and I'm not saying they are, but maybe, the VOR are one and the very same people.

For whatever you may think of it, them and the reasons they may feel they have to be anonymous, it is clear they have and their activities demonstrate it, the efficiency and safety of Australias airspace at the forefront. They have given credit where credit is due, they have demolished puffery and wishful thinking presented as fact where necessary.

Efficient and safe airspace is your goal too, why do you think they have not associated themselves with you.

That they felt it necessary to alert the International community about the hazards they perceived in the 2C implentation, (almost an exact replay of the events surrounding 2B) says clearly, to me anyway, that the lessons of the 2b implementation so carefully pointed out by them had been simply ignored, they were not being heard internally or they were being overridden in the places they should not have been.

Some person or persons have so effectively derailed and corrupted the process that would normally have these same people leading it rather than having to influence it, that they have to resort to a respected website, whose principle driver is anonymity, they know is read by those who matter.

You have the access, surely it should not be difficult for you to find out how, who and why and to demand that the train be put firmly back on the rails.

You would have ours and their eternal gratitude should you be able to accomplish this.

I suspect they know very well who that person or persons is/are.

I suspect they understand very clearly that the absolute integrity of their reasoning and advice would not be improved by accepting the gratuitous offer of a donation to a wonderful charity by revealing themselves. IMHO your offer does none of the parties justice.

I know beyond any doubt that the very anonymity of their advice is its fundamental strength. It stands completely on its own, unassailable from any agenda, personality or political attack other than careful discussion, clear logic and fact.